Wow what a difference a few weeks makes! Tommy and I are just days away from receiving our final homestudy approval! We have now begun our parent profile process with the agency and have paid our agency fees.
We want to thank everyone who assisted with our yard/bake sale fundraiser, it was a HUGE success! We surpassed our goal for the weekend before the first day was complete!
We are still roughly $12,000 short of our adoption expenses so as always, I'll tell you all ways you can help:
1. If you are able, please donate money here, or with cash/check in person.
2. Save aluminum cans and cash them in at a recycling center for cash, or if you're local drop them off with us! (or we can pick them up!
3. Talk to your friends and family about our story! Even If they are unable to donate, they may know someone who is, or, they may know of a expectant mother who is looking to place her child with a family.
Sarah & Tommy
I haven't posted an updated in quite awhile! so, here we go! We have pushed forward significantly in the last couple of weeks. We have had our first homestudy visit and have scheduled our final two visits for May and June. According to our case-worker, as long as there aren't any unforeseen hold-backs, we should have our homestudy completed by late June/early July!
We just scheduled our home inspection by the local fire marshal, which as an added bonus ended up being FREE! we like that word. :)
After our homestudy is complete, we will be able to begin showing our information to birthmothers! However, in order to do so, we still need to come up with roughly $1,500 to pay our agency fees. We have been blessed with many friends, family, and even 1 community service organization (Hilliard Grange) who have donated either money, items, or time to our cause. Thank you to all of you who have done so! A special thank you to our friend Sabrina for taking a special interest in helping out. you're AWESOME!
How can you help? There are a few things you can do:
1. Donate money through our fondly link, or by check (message us for address) or track us down with cash in hand!
2. Save your pop cans and turn them into your local recycling center and send us the proceeds. (We recently turned in 14 bags of cans for $39.00 profit!)
3. Getting the itch to de-clutter? If you're planning a yard sale this spring/summer- place a jar out and ask your customers to consider donating their spare change to our cause! Not really the yard sale type? donate it to US! we're planning a HUGE yard/bake sale for the weekend of June 5th (tentatively)! drop off your stuff, or let me know and we can pick it up from you!
4. TALK ABOUT US! tell your friends, neighbors, co-workers, and family about our story! If they feel drawn to help, tell them how they can! if not, ask them to share our story with their friends! If you know someone facing an unplanned pregnancy who is considering adoption, tell them to contact us! we will keep any communication completely confidential.
Sarah and Tommy Howard
I hadn't posted an update in quite some time, so I thought I'd take a moment to get you back up to speed with what's going on.
Tommy and I just sent in our contract and first payment of $1500.00 which will enable us to begin our home study process! We couldn't be any more excited to begin this new chapter of our lives in our ever-evolving quest to complete our family.
We also have a much better idea of what our adoption plan will include and also our adoption budget. We have decided to adopt strictly within the state of Ohio due to budget constraints. This will undoubtedly extend the wait time due to a reduced search area, but we can only do what we can do!
We've discovered that the balance of our adoption, including agency fees, match fees, birth mother expenses and finalization fees will be anywhere from $20,000.00- $25,000.00. So we still need your help!
But, what can you do? There are many ways to help here are some ideas:
1. If you are able, and willing to do so, you can donate money using our fundly link, or by sending us a check, or tracking us down with cash in hand.
2.Save your aluminum cans and either exchange them for cash at your local recycling place and send us the profits, or if you're local, Tommy and I will be happy to pick the cans up for you!
3. Ask your friends, co workers, and family to donate, or save cans. Perhaps you know someone touched by adoption that would like to pay it forward so to speak.
4. Do you have a yard sale coming up? Consider placing a jar out to collect change from your customers. Tell them our story while you chat and ask that they consider donating the change from their purchases (Avoid pricing things at whole dollars, that way the customer will have some change on hand)
5. Keep us in your thoughts and prayers! Tell others our story every chance you get. Even if you are unable to get any donations, you may tell our story to someone who knows of a birth mother looking to place her child!
As always, thank you so much for your ongoing support as we continue our journey!
Sarah & Tommy
Hello friends! Just a quick update for all of you- Due to your donations, our tax refund, and some money we had set aside for a rainy day, we now have enough funds for our application fee and home study! All we need now is the first portion of our agency fees and we will be able to get started! Only $3,500 to go!
If you are able to donate, please do! if you aren't, please share our story with your friends, families, church groups, book clubs, poker buddies.... etc. :)
Can’t donate? Please share. Even a quick share on Facebook can help.
The average share raises $97.